South Korea's foreign minister held a series of talks with his Malaysian and Indonesian counterparts in San Francisco this week and requested for their countries' support in South Korea's bid to host the 2030 World Expo, his office said Saturday.
Park Jin made the request during separate meetings with Malaysian Foreign Minister Zambry Abdul Kadir and Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi on Tuesday on the margins of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) ministerial meeting.
During his talks with Zambry, Park also requested support from Malaysia in efforts to elevate relations between South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations next year to a "comprehensive strategic partnership," according to Seoul's foreign ministry.
- LIG Nex1 acquires majority stake in Ghost Robotics
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- Reeling from election loss, ruling party picks new leader posts
- [Today’s K
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo