The Monte-Carlo Ballet Company, led by the artistic director and choreographer Jean-Christophe Maillot, is set to present “Romeo and Juliet” at the Seoul Arts Center in Seocho-gu from Friday to Sunday.
This is the Monaco-based ballet company’s first performance in Korea since their 2019 rendition of “Cinderella.”
Maillot reimagines Shakespeare’s literary masterpiece through the flashbacks experienced by the distraught Friar Laurence as he reflects on how the tragic end of two young lovers came to be.
- ART Fin runs holiday
- LG Chem boosts diverse ESG campaigns
- 6·25 따발총, 구식 불새
- 'Dancing woman' on Seoul street arrested for meth use
- NK activity increases at Panmunjom after inter
- Korea, UK will unite for Indo
- What phrase do you want to hear most from your partner?
- North notifies of satellite launch amid concerns